Thursday, May 14, 2009

Whiskey Tango Foxtrot

Do not underestimate the usefulness of the white pages. They were just recently my saving grace. After giving up on nagging the New York Times reporter, I was thinking to myself, "Well, where else could I find out where these people live?" I figured the phone book would have it, but I was so used to being disappointed, because it seemed like whenever I looked up people in Minneapolis, there seemed to be tons of results displaying the same name at different addresses throughout the metro area. The lesson here: there are a lot of Scandinavians in Minnesota and they all have the same last name. Apparently, in New Orleans, however, nobody has the same surname, because when I looked up the individuals from the article, there was always only one result. Not too difficult to narrow it down from there. Every single time, however, the phone book had the address, but never the phone number. You know what that means? It's letter-writing time. So, tomorrow, I will be purchasing some stamps, writing some letters, and mailing them out in hopes of getting some sort of response.

So, let's review:
Online phone books: good.
Odd spellings of names: very good.
Not having phone numbers available: lame.

Currently in heavy rotation:







The Postal Service - Nothing Better






Portishead - We Carry On





Yeah Yeah Yeahs - Maps

No comments: