Tuesday, May 26, 2009

If it's something medical, fix it with chemicals. If it's something physical, blame it on the state.

Today, while rediscovering The Shins (and speculating when a new album by them may be coming out), my old band mate, whom I had talked about earlier, asked me if I wanted to be in a band again. I thought this odd, because just weeks before, it seemed like we were taking pot shots at each other during an interview. He said he had been practicing of late, which surprised me even more, because during that same interview, he said he hadn't play a guitar in over a year. Apparently, that interview really made him want to be in a band again. Of course, nothing can ever stay the same. Though we are using the same format and the same style, nothing else will remain from before, which I'm perfectly happy about. After all, it has been more than a year and both of us have done a lot of growing up.

I think this will be an interesting adventure. I've been thinking about documenting it somehow, to illustrate this growing process and show how we've become a productive team again. If done correctly, it could really show some of the insecurities that both of us have and perhaps create an illuminating series. Maybe I'll buy five more cameras and set them up on remotes. I'm bound to get something good.

Currently in heavy rotation:







Oakley Hall - Bury Your Burden






Eels - Something is Sacred





The Shins - The Past and Pending

No comments: