Monday, May 11, 2009

Lookout!

Tomorrow, I will be consulting for a group of folks I've known for a while now. I know them through the non-profit I currently work for and through various poetry slams over the years. I'll be helping them write their business plan and build their website, which I'm pretty jazzed about. The two women I'll be working started out as experience slam poets and musicians, but became disaffected by the exclusive nature of both musicianship and poetry. As a result, they hold impromptu open mics in public areas around Minneapolis, allowing anybody off the street to participate.

I'm not going to name-drop just yet. I can tell you that the first event that they held was a pretty incredible experience and I'd love to see these two young women become successful in doing this. Inevitably, I'll blog about the results of our creative outing later on. Perhaps tomorrow? Perhaps. There may even be a small series hidden in here somewhere. Who can say?

Currently in heavy rotation:







Coldplay - Amsterdam






Bright Eyes - Southern State





Nine Inch Nails - Leaving Hope

No comments: