Saturday, May 2, 2009

Re-imagination.

It was an especially long night at work. On my way home, I decided to stop to get some food. I was seated diagonally from an older couple. The woman looked like an old farm wife and she was one of the most beautiful women I had seen in a long time. Not the kind of beauty you get from good genes or whatever you want to attribute it to, but the kind of beauty you get from living life. The way the light hit her, I thought, was especially wonderful. It was almost cinematic, like it was right out of a 1940's film. I wanted nothing more than to have a camera by my side, so I could invade their lives in order to make a picture. I even considered driving home, grabbing my camera, and driving back, just so I could try and encapsulate all the beauty that existed in that booth. I knew, however, by the time I got back, they would be gone, and with it, the opportunity to make the picture. I reconciled my inability to make the picture by thinking about how happy the whole situation made me. It was truly beautiful and I won't soon forget it.

No comments: