Thursday, June 18, 2009

"As a matter of fact, I am prepared for the zombie apocalypse."

In between writing essays comparing and contrasting Sally Mann and Adrian Piper and fending off an army of invading bugs, I have managed to crank out a photograph or two. Don't get too excited, though, you probably won't see them until at least Friday night or early Saturday.

I have decided to continue my series on payphones and my investigation of Hopkins' commercial districts, while also beginning new projects documenting the ways that nature reclaims itself in urban environments and officially starting my project in the Blake Road Corridor. Overall, this process of experimentation has led me to projects that I would have likely never taken on, or I would have executed them in a different way. The thing I find most interesting is how each project has evolved so rapidly. Each progressive review has allowed each project to grow and experience its own genesis in a much shorter span of time than I could have expected.

The Rules:
01. Any project can be killed off at any time for any reason.
02. Any project that is killed off must be replaced with another project.
03. Projects can be added without killing off another project.
04. At any given time, I am not to pursue more than five projects.

As you can see, I haven't abandoned my penchant for rules, but I have become more relaxed about the ways in which the photographs are collected. My only concern is that many of the projects I have chosen to take on are more long term projects that I may not be able to complete within a reasonable amount of time. In time for, say, building a portfolio. Inevitably, I'll find a way to make it all come together.

Currently in heavy rotation:







Interpol - NYC






Matt & Kim - Daylight





TV on the Radio - Wash The Day

No comments: