Tuesday, April 14, 2009

"Keep The Car Running."

In the final manifesto made by the Refused when they broke up, they noted that it was more effective to spread the policy of "The Refused Party Program" if the band lived on as five solo projects instead of one project containing five members. Admittedly, I am not a five person band, but the common denominator is that I have been focusing on one project at a time when, really, I should be working on somewhere around five at a time. The problem, I've found, is that when I do one project at a time, each project gains a new, more evolved set of guidelines, which makes for a stark contrast in the treatment of the imagery. This is not mean I am looking for homogeny throughout my imagery. That is certainly not the case. What I am looking for is a way to let all of my ideas grow with me. If I continue this tedious work of doing one thing at a time, I'll have a lot of time on my hands. The simple fact of it is, I won't have the resources (not of the monetary variety) to continue one project all the time. What I will have, however, is enough resources to continue at least one of the five projects all the time. Hopefully, this will prove to be a good idea.

Also, while writing, or, more precisely, rewriting, this post, I was informed by the Hennepin County Sheriff that the cameras that were stolen from me nearly a year ago were recovered in a police raid last week. The insurance company claims that all items recovered from the raid, including items they refuse to pay out for, are theirs to keep. I was less than amused when the Sheriff told me this and told him to not hand anything off to the insurance company until I speak to the insurance adjusters involved face to face. I'm scheduled to meet with the Sheriff and the insurance company on Monday to put an end to this saga. Now all I have to do is reorganize the pile of papers, now more than an inch thick, to wage one last battle against the insurance company. Wish me luck.

No comments: