Sunday, August 31, 2008

"This could actually be a nasty storm."

I meant to put some of this in my last post, but it was getting pretty lengthy, so I decided against it.

The first one is PBS Frontline: Hurricane Katrina. It offers a good history of the levee construction in addition to the history of FEMA, which I thought was pretty eye-opening. It's only an hour of your life and I think it's extremely worth it. You can find it here.

The second one is a blog written by a person that was holed up in a data center during the storm. It offers an alternative to reading news stories online and I found it really interesting when I was reading it three years ago. Also, during the storm, a webcam was running almost 24 hours a day to show the state of the city, unedited, before it was watered down by news organizations. You can find it here.

Also, as a side note: be nice to your local recording studio if you want to save lots of money on things like field recorders.

No comments: